Wednesday 25 July 2012

MAC Cherry Lip Pencil

I don't know about anyone else but I am a major fan of the classic and bold red lip. 

A lot of people say that they can't pull of the red lip look but that is probaly because they haven't found the shade of red that suits their skintone and colouring, I think that absolutely anyone can pull of wearing red lips you just have to feel confident.

For a long time I was on a mission to try and find the ''perfect'' shade of red and wasted god knows how much on drugstore red lipsticks and red lipliners. I decided enough was enough and whilst on a shopping trip a while ago I ventured into MAC. I asked one of the make-up artists to match me up with a shade of red which flattered my skin tone and she suggested a Lip Liner in Cherry, she also told me that she usually wears it as a lip liner and also a lipstick and just dds a tiny bit of vaseline to her lips whilst it's applied and for £10.50 it isn't exactly the cheapest lip liner on the markey but I am a big fan of MAC cosmetics.



On the MAC website Cherry is described as ''Vivid bright blue-ish red'' and I have to say that the website description is pretty spot on. Blue toned colours are especially great for making teeth appear whiter too.


This lip liner has a lovely creamy texture and doesn't drag the lips when applied and is super pigmented that even on it's own it can be applied like a lipstick however because it is matte it can make the lips dry so I pop a slick of vaseline to my lips.

The staying power is also super, I wore this when I went out for a meal and even after many cocktails (oopsie) and yummy food the colour stayed intact.

You can purchase the Lip Liner from the MAC website and also their make-up counters.

I intend on purchasing a couple more Lip Liners in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment